Monday, February 22, 2010

Life as a practical trainee..

Although 4 moths had past, all the memories in Sime Darby Engineering Sdn Bhd remains close in my heart.. I myself even can’t imagine why I choose SDE in the first place.. Allowance was only rm400, its far from home.. huhu but fate always have its own reason.. And now I’m beginning to know why.. =)

The first month was quite tough. I have no idea what’s marine engineering is all about. Fabricating oil and gas structures.. Top side, jacket.. what is that?? Hehe but I try my best learning all of it and Alhamdulillah, slowly.. I begin to know about this new world.. I was attached in Structural-Engineering Department. And until now, I am really glad I was attached there. My entire clique was very supportive, kind and very friendly. Knowledge sharing was what they practice in SDE. We can ask question with anyone we like, even the managers, as long as they were not busy. I really feel like home being in the office. The warm environment, although there were tones of works that I have to do.. Still, I LOVE being in the office. But when it comes to weekend, I love it more! Haha coz its HOLIDAY…

Months passes.. Lots of new things I’ve learned. Lots of easy and hard moments I’ve faced.. As a practical apprentice, we have to do our logbook and submit it every month. And as usual, as I was a very ‘rajin’.. guess what? I do it lump sum way.. ahaha I wrote my logbook which was supposed to be done every day in just one or two days.. haha masha, my housemate my roommate is just the same as me! Hihi then while completing the logbook, we always said.. “takleh jadik ni.. penat la isi dlm 1 hari ni.. dh tak ingat ape dibuat wpun dh wat catatan harian (satu dua ayat ni pun kadang2 tak ingat nak tulis..haha).. next month kena wat awl la logbook ni..” But then again… same things happened.. huhu we still do it in 1 or 2 days.. But there’s some improvement when I started to fill it a week before submission. *ehemm*.. but only that month laa.. haha

The special thing about undergoing practical training in SDE was we were treated like a real Engineer. They give us real task; this was where we have to grab the knowledge and skills as fast, as much as we could so that we can complete the tasks given. Sometimes we even have to present in front of client, solving real problems, and etc…

The scarier moments, as if I’m having my worst nightmare was the night before presentation. We have 2 presentations; the first one (March) was with managers and the second (June) was with senior managers! We were so nervous coz we know most of the panels were killers. But during the presentation, Alhamdulillah.. Although I can’t act as cool and confident as I always be in the beginning of the presentation.. huhu.. but both of the presentation was still a success for me. Coz I can convince the panel with my answers. Even some was very wrong.. haahaa but because I was too confident, even the panels get confused! Hihi

Another thing that I enjoyed was during makan2 time. Hehe In our department, whoever celebrating their birthday, they have to treat all the officemates. Pisang goreng delivery was among the famous orders for makan2 time.. But it was not only pisang goreng okay, there were popia, cendawan, ubi ketuk, ubi.. cucur udang.. and semuanya digoreng! Yumilicious! Hehe and the sambal kicap.. phuuuh.. sedap giler beb! I miss johor!

I think that’s enough for now.. I’ll update about my daily life outside the office in my next post. Enjoy my pictures below.. love ya!

p/s: To all SDE family.. Especially structural department, I miss u guys a lot. Thanks 4 being very kind to me and willing to teach me whenever I need it. Thanks! Although I have no luck working there (poor me graduating during the economy crisis… huuhuu), but it’s okay, coz I learned a lot there.. about working life and about life itself.. thanks…

*

*

*

*

*

*

oopsie... gamba upload next time la eh.. line problem arr.. lambat gler nak tggu.. (^_^)Y jgn mara aaa...

No comments: